The Fetch as Google permits you to examine how Google crawls or renders a URL on your site. You can use Fetch as Google to see whether Googlebot can get to a page on your site, how it provides the page, and whether any page assets, (for example, pictures or contents) are blocked to Googlebot.
You can use the fetch as Google feature in Google search console for below-mentioned points.
- If you have updated and posted a post, you can submit a fresh copy for Google crawl and index.
- If the title of any post has changed, so it is important that Google has a new title fast index, you can do it with the Fetch Tool.
- If any new post in the site is to be shown in fast search results, then you can do this with the tool
- If you have launched a new site and do not want to weigh for indexing, you can fast index by typing the site URL.
There are two modes available in Fetch as Google.
- Fetch – Fast Testing and Index
With Fetch mode, you can see any URL of the site by adding a URL. You can test URL redirect error, fix crawl errors, connectivity issue, malware issue and other server related error.
You just have to add the URL and click on Fetch, after which Google will check the URL and respond to the URL whether there is an error or not.
If there is no error, then you will show the message of success and submit and you can fast index the URL by clicking on the index.
- Fetch and Render
After testing, you can see in the results screenshot how Googlebot and Visitors look at the URL. If an error shows you and does not match both screenshot, then you can fix it by detecting the error.
Ok, let’s see how fetch as Google work?
- Log in to Google Search Console account and click on site to open dashboard.
- Click on the crawl in the left side options and click on Fetch as Google
- Fetch option
Firstly, add your address to Fetch as Google, do not enter the full address Site Address Already Exist.
Select desktop in fetch option and click on fetch option.
After clicking on fetch Googlebot it will test your URL and status will show completely in few seconds.
If there are no errors in the URL, they will show you the request indexing option, by clicking on which you can submit the URL for a fast index. Within a few minutes, your URL will start showing in search results.
If your page is showing error mean the Googlebot cannot access page URL, make sure everything is fine.
- Fetch and Render option
As I mentioned in Fetch and Render, Googlebot tests the website in detail. And the screenshot of the page shows you, whether there is a mistake or not.
Add your URL and select the desktop option.
Now click Fetch and Render option.
Now Googlebot test the page URL and will show the complete message in the status.
Click on the Rendered URL to see how it looks to Googlebot and Visitors.
After checking the page, just click on submit to index to the fast indexing of page URL.