Landing Page Optimization indicates the process to improve the website elements that would lead to conversions. It is, in fact, a portion of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) and it undergoes A/B testing that improvises on the landing page conversions.
But, landing page optimization does not happen in a day or two. To improve on your landing pages, you need to emphasize the data collection stage. Hence, your landing page should focus on your audience and collect more data when people visit your website. You should make informed decisions about your marketing funnel with the help of that data, then it produces more leads.
Before you optimize on your landing page, perform the following:
- Recognize the possible problems that pay to a lower conversion rate.
- Work on the problems.
- A heat map is a visual view of a user’s click on the landing page. Analyze whether the user disregards the call-to-action. Whether they focus more on any unrelated elements.
- Track the behavior of your website visitor to check what is not working
- The following maps and reports provide valuable information about data to track the user’s behavior on your website.
- Heat map – shows the visual view of user’s click
- Scroll map – shows the location of the page’s scrolling activity
- Overlay and list report – provides click percentage on the web page elements
- Confetti map – shows the location where an individual click has happened on the page
Once you identify the issues related to landing page poor conversion, you need to optimize it for better conversions. The landing page optimization tips start along with the web page design and last even after the page gets launched. Like the way a product is built, building a prototype and working on it day by day, landing pages also work with the same concept. A landing should be appealing to the target audience, be convincing for them to act on it, and meet their expectations.
For landing page conversion optimization, make use of the following landing page optimization tips.
1. Have A Simple Layout And Include White Space
Simple and legible stuff always wins the heart. Having a disorderly layout for landing pages leads to confusion. One of the landing page optimization tips that must be taken care of is to have a clear layout that can be easily understood by the users. Keep these in mind for landing page optimization:
- Have a clean layout
- Present only minimal elements on the landing page
- Present elements and content straight to the point in such a way that the user would not get confused
- Maintain uniformity throughout the page
- Allow users to get into call-to-action
The main goal is to excite the customers so that the landing page is sure to end up in conversion.
2. Display The Information Properly Above
Another landing page optimization tips is that All the important information must be placed so that the customers would get convinced to convert. The required information on the landing page always is:
- Place a clear headline that tells the customer what it is about
- Include value proposition that usually resides beneath the headline
- Have a clear call-to-action
- Have an optimized form
Keep the information on top of the landing page so that the user needs not to scroll up and down to fetch the information. You can make use of the scroll map to recognize the location where the users scroll more and can place the headline at that place. Along with the headline appropriately place the short description, call-to-action at the right location for people to identify.
3. Landing Page Should Connect With Buyers
When a user enters a landing page, it means that the user has already made some decision about purchasing your product or service. Moreover, users on landing pages should not waste time to guess about it or ponder to make a decision. Make a clear offer. Reaching here, your users should know about the landing page as what it offers and what they like about the offers displayed on the landing page.
4. Have A Strong Call-To-Action
Yet another landing page optimization tips is to have a strong call-to-action. You won’t be able to capture leads without having a proper call-to-action button in place. This is the strength of your landing page and the landing page optimization should indeed take care and maintain this. Ensure the following points are in place for your call-to-action:
- Place a single call-to-action and that should to the further processes.
- Ensure that you do not make use of any unimportant offers that take the user for some irrelevant stuff.
- Place a simple button for call-to-action and ensure not to include any jazzy stuff for it.
- State clearly as what they must do, like for example, you want them to review, or click, or pay, etc.
- Ensure that you switch to the next screen properly.
- The call-to-action button should stand out uniquely.
5. Have An Optimized Form To Get More Leads
This landing page optimization tips is a significant one. You need to have an optimized form, and do you know a fact about this? The average number of fields that a landing page should have is 11. When there is less, it would increase conversions. This is also an important point for landing page conversion optimization. When developing forms for a landing page, consider the following:
- Analyze the buyer’s shopping journey as to where the buyer is – When the landing page is targeting people at the top of the funnel it would have fewer fields than the ones for targeting the bottom of the funnel.
- Check out the form’s display on your mobile device – Most of the users would be using mobile devices, so check that your forms are optimized for mobile. You should not be ending to lose a customer for this lack.
- Information that must be filled in the form should be relevant to the offer – Any fields that are deviating might not interest the users.
Also, some marketers would prefer short forms. They might only require capturing an email address. Ideally, if you require to get more leads for products, a longer form would be beneficial. You might end up getting a few leads, but the leads received will be of quality leads who might stick to the brand always.
6. Make Use Of Distinct Colors
This landing page optimization best practice mainly is applicable to your call-to-action buttons. The color of the call-to-action is not the concern here, but it should contrast. Your landing page call-to-action button must be on the right track. You need to maintain uniformity in the colors of your brand. The colors of your main page should match the landing page as well. Landing page should not be seen differently from the main page, then it might feel to the users that it is a different application and might not be ready to go for conversion.
7. Include Visual Media
Visual media both images and videos are an important landing page conversion optimization technique. Images on your landing page should project the following:
- Showcase your product or offer
- Have a team members introduction
- Enable a bond
- Create an emotional bond with the visitor
Placing videos increases the page engagement ratio. It also displays the fact that the product is easy to use. Videos also increase your conversions.
8. Place Social Proof To Increase Trust
People buy brands when they trust you. Include testimonials on your landing page from your customers. This will show the fact that your business is a realistic one. Also, go a step ahead by providing your contact information on it.
9. Landing Page SEO
This is an important landing page optimization best practice that you should page attention to. For short-term campaigns, probably SEO for the landing page wouldn’t matter. When you deal with bigger projects, the landing page must search engine optimized like the other pages available on your website. So, to ensure that your landing page is SEO, follow these points:
- Be sure of your keywords – Make use of keywords available in your URL, title, and meta description. Be sure of your targeted keywords. Put those keywords on a search engine. Check out whether there are similar websites.
- Have a good title tag – When you have a good title tag, search engines would rank the page high.
- Consider your Meta description like a signboard – A meta description is a good indicator of the search engine results page. It is displayed below the title and URL of your website. When the meta description is good and catchy, it gets a high rank.
- Ensure you have the right URL type – The landing page URL should have a keyword that would make the search engine rank high.
- The headline should be attractive and catchy – When you have a good and a killer headline, it catches the eyes of all the audience. It also pleases the search engine results page. If you place your keyword in your headline, it is even better.
- Content is very important on the landing page – When you write for your landing page, you should ensure that the users would go for conversions. Your focus will be on conversion. Keep this in mind when you frame the content for the landing page and include the relevant keywords as well.
When your landing page contains images, search engines might not find it easy to fetch them. Hence include a short description for the images that lie on your landing page. It would add more sense when you place keywords as well in the description.
10. Page Loading Time
This best practice is important for landing page conversion optimization. If the pages do not load fast, most people tend to leave the page. Sometimes, people who make use of mobile devices for internet searching might drop off if the landing page takes more time to load. Hence, page load time impacts the landing page and should be a point for landing page optimization. When the landing page gets slow to load, then you are sure to have a high bounce rate that would hit the conversion. So, it is better if your page loads faster. You may need to take the help of your developer for the same.
11. Ensure You Have A/B Testing Done
For proper landing page optimization, you need to conduct A/B testing on your landing pages. When your landing page traffic gets high, perform a test on certain elements to check the element that increases your conversion rates. Heat maps would provide you data on the way users relate to your landing page. While you conduct this test, ensure that you do not split the test into any of your landing page elements till you have enough data with you.
12. Make Use Of Scarcity Techniques
Yet another landing page conversion optimization technique is to include scarcity terms on the landing page. Few common marketing phrases are ‘limited time’, limited quantity’, ‘less period’, and so on. When you display scarcity on your landing page, it induces your landing page users to act on it then as they might fear to miss the said offer.
13. Keep An Exit Popup
An exit popup is another landing page optimization best practice. It gets displayed on the landing pages when the users try to exit the page. This exit popup is another chance for users to get into conversion. Unlike other popups, these are less disturbing. Make use of an attractive image with a strong headline, and call-to-action to trigger the users to click. Make your exit popup to highlight any special discount that you could offer. ‘Hello Bar’, is a tool that helps to create exit popups for landing pages on your website.
These landing page optimization best practices would help you improve your landing pages so that you could get more conversions that end up in sales.