All businesses will look out ways to increase the product and brand awareness to increase their sales. They make use of events with the help of many social media outlets and groups to create viral publicity. Social Media Optimization (SMO) is used for this, to create brand awareness. When we say Social Media Optimization, it includes the following:
- RSS Feeds
- Bookmarking Sites that includes social media sites, video sites, blogs
- Social News
Most of the marketers are aware of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Making use of search engines like Google increases your marketing campaign and has been a successful strategy over the years. But as social media keeps growing on the top platforms to reach customers, many new ways of digital marketing have occurred. One main strategy that the business is adopting for increasing their online reach is Social Media Optimization.
Social Media Optimization is like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) where the main goal remains the same, to drive more website traffic. Social Media Optimization is a vital factor for your search rankings. This is often ignored by many companies, but it does a major role to increase your place in search rankings. In social media, you need to optimize two important things:
- The search function available in each social network
- Google search
When optimization is performed for each of the search environments, it does see many direct and indirect benefits. The direct benefit is that many people find out your profit and then understand your business and connect with you thereby having a visit to your website. This would generate leads as well. The indirect benefit comes from an extra link that points to your website that comes from your profile.
Functions Of Social Media Optimization
Basically, Social Media Optimization is to use social media as a substance to increase your brand’s online presence. Few companies create a profile on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to be with their customers, while Social Media Optimization creates, builds, and increases the social media plan that helps to connect with the target audience. The main functions of Social Media Optimization are:
- Brand strengthening
- Generate more leads
- Get more online visibility
- Connect with your audience
With Social Media Optimization, you can ensure that your brand has a robust web presence and creates the internet specialist of the brand. It presents people to the business, and helps to progress brand visibility, branding, and recall as well. SMO provides a chance to reach out to niche audiences.
Why Social Media Optimization Is Important
Social Media Optimization is important for the following reason:
- Make Sure That Your Business Has A Strong Online Presence – Optimize social media, to make sure that your business has a strong web presence and creates the internet specialist of the brand. It introduces people to your brand and guides in branding, enhancing brand visibility, and recall.
- Enhances The Reach – Social Media Optimization gives a chance to be reachable to the niche audience. This platform provides you a chance to place the brand to the customers on their own terms. Customers have access through various devices like mobile, so reachability is more.
- Drive More Web Traffic – Optimize social media to generate more traffic. Social Media Optimization is a great source where your customers can reach you out.
- Lead Generation – Even though social media is mainly for branding, it is vastly used for lead generation as well. By entering the various social media channels, it can transform lead generation campaigns expressively.
- Expands Search Engine Rank – Social media SEO helps to improve the search engine ranks. Search engines have initiated to acquire data from various social media channels like Google+ and display on the search result and due to which Social Media Optimization has gained importance among the marketers. To ensure that SMO is in place, businesses should have relevant content. When there is more content, the rankings would be better. This would make the business have a more social presence and generate more website traffic.
Social Media Optimization Tips
Let’s discuss the Social Media Optimization tips that you can use to include in your business.
- Fit In Social In Your Website – You have various social sharing tools available for easy integration with your website architecture. Include simple tactics to boost your social media share and to increase your online marketing methods. Social media SEO is best increased by using the following methods:
- From your website, insert straight web links to various social media channels. This way you would get more shares. You can also include straight web links that go from your social profiles to your website.
- Include social media sharing buttons to distinct posts.
- Maintain Consistency – The main key to the success of Social Media Marketing Optimization is its consistency. It is indeed a simple task to create your profile on social platforms, but this is also an area where most of the businesses would fall short. Your profile information should be filled 100 % and all the information provided in the profile information should be appropriate. It creates a more consistent experience for those in your network. It also gives a professional touch for your profile on social media platforms. You should also be double sure that the contact information that you maintain in the social profiles should be the same that you maintain on your website. This would show genuine in your profile and enable customers to trust you more. So, when they trust you on a social media platform, it would do wonders for your brand.
- Bring Into Line Social Media And SEO Keywords – There is no doubt that Keywords take an important role in social media. To increase social media profiles exposure, keywords have a good role in it. In case you miss out on optimizing your social media profiles perfectly, you are losing to your competitors. Identify target keywords and phrases and structure them as well for your social media profiles in a normal method and that should lead to spam. To optimize social media, make use of keywords effectively in your profile or the page name. This would help to get more rank in the keyword searches on the Google platform and amongst the social network itself.
- Make Use Of Keywords In Your Post – Keywords are an important factor for your website, ad campaigns, and blog content. So, it is a fact that keywords mean a lot for your social content as well. This would help to maintain your content appropriate to your target audience.
- On Social Media, Be Social – Socializing on social media is an important Social Media Optimization tips. The main factor in SEO is a social signal as search engines look at social signals and influence in the way you are posting. It would identify the number of people who interact with you and when they share social elements that are seen on the website visitors. Brands should always remember that these social media platform’s purposes are to create a relationship. It is not to set the connection and then forget it. Audiences can participate in discussions, follow up with your customer base, and keep sharing good and helpful content from your website and other sites that are relevant.
- Optimize Your Content – This is one best Social Media Optimization tips with which you can take your Social Media Optimization to the next level. As all of us are aware that Content is the King of SEO, so here are few ways to optimize your social media content:
- Keywords – When you create social media content, make use of SEO keyword research to your maximum. Make use of your brand’s keyword in the title and a copy of your content. It would be better when you make use of keywords as hashtags so that they can be a part of relevant conversations. For example, if you are a mobile phone brand, then hashtags could be #mobile, #smartphones, #Android, etc. This would help to keep you in the loop of mobile news and make way for your content to be seen by your target audience. Along with keywords, you should also have a good quality image.
- Images – Social media posts that have superior quality images and images that are relevant makes the most difference. When relevant images are coupled with some information, people retain the brand more in their minds. This is a valuable brand recognition where all could see it. Also, your images should be optimized, like placing the Alt descriptions, title, posting in the appropriate dimensions, etc.
- Original Content And Well-Curated – When you talk about content type, have a mix of original and curated content. Share some stories that are interesting and fit to time and that provides value to your brand. Mix up the content in original content and display it on your brand’s personality. Original content has the potential to be shared and be visible to many and hence original content is important.
- Call-to-actions – Finally, at the end of your social posts include a call-to-action. An interesting way to end your social post would be to end it with a question or prompt the audience to perform an action and this would enhance your engagement rate as well. This would provide you with main insights on your audience and allow you to continue your social media optimization.
- Optimize Your Posting Time – Once your content is ready, optimized, and good to go you should decide on the optimal time for a post. This is just a trial and error method to find out when the audiences are active. To check on this, you need to just post a social post and check out when your audiences are more active and finer tune accordingly. This would take some time to find out the most optimal time to post.
- Adjust And Analyse – Social Media Optimization indicates that you should constantly analyze and adjust to all aspects. When online trends keep changing, you should also change accordingly. Ensure that you have a proper reporting tool that would provide you with the information required to check out whether your strategies are in place. Check with the content type, time of posting, hashtag use and as per the requirement make the adjustment. Once the adjustment is done, check if it has any impact. With this, you can find Social Media Optimization for your brand. When SMO is concerned, all the details like your username and the post time counts. When new contents keep posting constantly, the main method to reach your target audience is optimization.
- Optimize Your Strategy – When there is a lack of social media strategy, your company would face difficulty in attaining visibility. It must be because it is new and may be due to the changing requirements of social media. So, almost most brands fail due to a lack of strategy and are a barrier for them to enter a social business. For social media marketing optimization, you should maintain a strategy that has goals and objectives clearly set. Social media strategy can be set in the following ways:
- Confirm that challenges are being solved using social goals
- Spread efforts across your organization
- Emphasis on the various networks that adds value
- Create appealing content
- Find out business opportunities through social platforms
- Engage customers instead of ignoring them
- Track your efforts, improve on it and market
- Stay In Control – Never permit employees to make use of their personal email addresses to build or manage your brand social media accounts. Always see that you make use of company email that is controlled by the company.
Social Media Optimization can extremely improve the way you take up marketing for your brand on social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. It is a great asset to improve your website’s organic search result if it is properly applied. Make use of a proper strategic tactic for your social media and it does wonders with results.