Google shared several updates related to Robots.txt Documentation & Structured Data Documentation last Friday.
Following are the changes mentioned below:
- Simplified the introduction page to make it clearer what is robots.txt and what is its intended use.
- Expanded the instructions about creating and updating robots.txt files.
- Removed redundant sections from our documentation about how Google handles robots.txt.
- Simplified sentences across all robots.txt documentation in English. This helps with localization.
- Removed redundant documentation about how to build, test, and release structured data. Each feature has guidance about this, embedded directly into each guide (for example, the Video structured data guide.
- Improved the troubleshooting sections across all structured data feature guides (for example, the Product structure data guide.
- Added more beginner-friendly information about how to get started with structured data.
Here is why Google made the changes from Lizzi Harvey & Gary Illyes from Google:
@methode oh come on. there were only 148 comments, and a 4 page doc.
— Lizzi (@okaylizzi) June 18, 2021