Instagram disbursed its latest feature of Stories Highlights and Stories Archive that enables the users to keep their Stories for a long time along with encouraging businesses to promote their brand for higher user engagement.
About Stories Highlights
Stories Highlights allows the Stories to stay on your profile until and unless it the user deletes it on his will which previously stayed for just 24 hours. The users can have as many highlights as they would like to have.
What Instagram has to say about Stories Highlights?
Stories Highlights appear in a new section on your profile below your bio. To create a highlight, tap the “New” circle at the far left. From there, you can choose any stories from your archive, select a cover for your highlight and give it a name. Once you’re done, your highlight will appear as a circle on your profile that plays as a stand-alone story when someone taps it. ”
About Stories Archive
Stories Archive presents an option where the Stories could be saved automatically forever than their previous deadline of 24 hours. This makes it easy for the users to view their favorite Stories again.
What did Instagram has to say on Stories Archive?
“To access the stories in your archive, tap the Archive icon on your profile. From there, you can easily switch between your Posts Archive and your new Stories Archive. In your Stories Archive, your stories will appear in a grid with the most recent stories at the bottom. The first story from each day will show a date indicator to help you navigate your archive as you scroll.”
The trick of linking Highlights & Archives for lead conversion
This link would help the brands in bringing their previous Story as a “new” post along with promotional links
This is how you may share a story from Stories Archive:
- Click on the Archive option present on your profile.
- Select the Story you want to share
- Tap on the ‘Share’ button present on the screen.
- You may select ‘Your Story’ and select the people you want to share with by following step-by-step instructions.
Now, check out the steps to add the Story to Highlights
- Go to your profile and select ‘Stories Highlights’
- Select the Story you want to add to highlights and then click on ‘Next’ button.
- Select a cover photo and enter a Story name then tap on add
More ideas on linking Highlights & Archive
- With the “Swipe-Up” tap-to-view-a link feature, the users who are visiting a profile will get to see the highlight at the top
- The user can again play the best parts of any events that was organized by their company
- The user may put up any topic that holds the interest of his company and audience.