- BDM sells a subset of the firm’s services offering to large, small and medium sized prospects. The BDM may have a secondary focus on penetrating certain assigned customers with significant growth opportunity, as assigned by management. The BDM closes and implements growth opportunities of moderate complexity within an assigned geography.
- The BDM most important means of interacting with customers and prospects is through face-to-face meetings.
- The BDM is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profit goal.
- Interaction with the Marketing managers, VP’s, etc using various medias like E-mailing, Instant Messages, etc as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Selling experience of SEO/SMO/PPC/Web Development/CRM
- Responsible for making marketing strategies and implementing the same
- Ability to handle team
- Generate requirement from new and existing clients through cold calling, resellers and converting email marketing leads
- Research and build relationships with new and existing clients
- Strong Presentation, Negotiation & sales closing Skills.
- Managing the entire sales cycle (Lead Generation, Credential Pitch, Customer Acquisition, Account Management/Post Sales Services etc.) for the relevant technology services and solution
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years of sales experience. An MBA is often requested as well.