Registrations are open for Google’s first-ever Virtual Webmaster Unconference till 19th August. This is the first conference in the company’s history and will take place on 26th August.
? We’re excited to announce the first ever Google Virtual Webmaster Unconference, on August 26th. Register before August 19th to secure your spot! ?@Aurora_Morales calls @g33konaut to learn more about the event ?!
— Google Search Central (@googlesearchc) August 10, 2020
Recommendation – Google Comes Up With Some Changes In API
These live sessions will be chosen by people who will attend this conference rather than Google itself. This is the first time Google has given the opportunity to the people to sit in the official live sessions. Looking at the current pandemic situation in-person is not possible, however, looking at the demand it is too difficult to get a seat in it. Now more people will be able to join the online live session.
“As we have limited spots, we might have to select attendees based on background and demographics to get a good mix of perspectives in the event.”
There are 18 sessions that Google proposed fro registration. Attendees have to select which session they want to attend. These sessions are:-
- Ads and SEO mythbusting
- Tips to get your content displayed in Discover feed
- Approaches to improve Core Web Vitals for non tech-savy webmasters
- Web performance, what metrics are important, how to measure, how to spot what is a priority
- Mobile/desktop diffing – parity findings
- Helping you (or your clients) understand how their WordPress site is doing on the web with Site Kit
- Brainstorming session: how can Search Console team further help publishing on the open-web?
- E-Commerce SEO 101: Best Practices for Optimizing Online Stores
- CrUX Show and Tell
- hreflang: how to implement, when to implement
- Improving Search documentation
- Mobile first indexing and how to prepare for it
- Talking about talking about SEO
- Communicating our publisher policies and monetized updates
- Fun with scripts!
- Common issues with Structured Data for Rich Snippets
There will be an omission in the session in the final lineup which will depend on the attendee’s selection. One person can select two sessions, the session with the most number of votes will make it to the final. Once this omission is done registrants will be informed.
“In this event, you decide what sessions will happen and will actively shape the content in them, by taking part in discussions, feedback sessions, and similar formats that need your input.
It’s your chance to collaborate with other webmasters, SEOs, developers, digital marketers, publishers and Google product teams, such as Search Console and Google Search, and help us deliver more value to you and the community.”