Google has added a relevant amount of new information for mobile-first indexing. The documentation is now updated with additional information. Google has designed documentation in such a way that it provides the guidelines for the site owners to give the best experiences to end users on any platform.
The document is all about the facts for the site owners that content must be the same as on desktop and mobile versions.
- Owners need to ensure that Googlebot has access to both mobile and desktop pages content.
- Owners have to make sure that the content should be identical.
- The same meta tags should be used for mobile and desktop.
- The same heading must be there.
- Owners need to ensure that they must have the same structured data.
For Images And Videos
- High-Quality image
- Images that are too small or have a low resolution shouldn’t be there in the mobile version
- Videos must be placed in such a place that could be found very easily.
- Images must be uploaded in a supported format.
- Mobile version image must have an same alt tag as desktop images have.
For Sepearte M-Dot URLs
- Error pages status should be the same on both desktop and mobile.
- The mobile version shouldn’t have fragment URLs.