Google announced that it permit users to promote their Cryptocurrency Exchanges & Wallets over Google Ads from 3rd August 2021 in the US.
For this, one should be a registered company, agree with laws & other Ads policies of Google.
According to Google:
“Beginning August 3, advertisers offering Cryptocurrency Exchanges and Wallets targeting the United States may advertise those products and services when they meet the following requirements and are certified by Google. To be certified by Google, advertisers will need to:”
- Be duly registered with
- (a) FinCEN as a Money Services Business and with at least one state as a money transmitter; or
- (b) a federal or state chartered bank entity.
- Comply with relevant legal requirements, including any local legal requirements, whether at a state or federal level.
- Ensure their ads and landing pages comply with all Google Ads policies.
Advertisers should request new certification for Cryptocurrency Exchanges and Wallets with Google via application form which will be published on 8th July 2021. Any certifications will not accepted before that.
Ads Which Are Not Allowed:
- Initial coin offerings, DeFi trading protocols, or otherwise promoting the purchase, sale, or trade of cryptocurrencies or related products. For Example:ICO pre-sales or public offerings, cryptocurrency loans, initial DEX offerings, token liquidity pools, celebrity cryptocurrency endorsements, unhosted wallets, unregulated DApps
- Ad destinations that aggregate or compare issuers of cryptocurrencies or related products. For Example:Cryptocurrency trading signals, cryptocurrency investment advice, aggregators or affiliate sites containing related content or broker reviews
You can check the discussion over Twitter.