After few months twitter finally releases its “hide replies” feature to all users globally. Users will now have the power to remove tweets’ reply and can control their engagement. The test was conducted in Canada.
Insights Taken By Twitter After Test:
Following are the insights that the company has taken after conducting a test:
- Users are hiding only those replies which they think are irrelevant, off-topic.
- This is the new way of making people shut without blocking or mute them.
- People were very curious about knowing about how public figures will use this feature but it seems they didn’t make much use of this feature.
- It was very helpful for the Canadian users as they can concise to these content what they want to see.
- Some people mentioned the fact after hiding a reply still an icon will be there which is not good.
Tweet By Twitter:
Starting today, you can now hide replies to your Tweets. Out of sight, out of mind. pic.twitter.com/0Cfe4NMVPj
— Twitter (@Twitter) November 21, 2019