Recently, Twitter acquired a newsletter maker company known as Revue, Facebook is also trying to exploit the newsletter trend. However, Facebook wants to create its own newsletter along with its distribution tools. With this, top creators can make more revenue.
According to reports, Facebook has moved into the newsletter back in January only. Now the platform has shared some insights on how its whole process will work.
As writers, experts and journalists publish more of their work independently, we’re working to better support those efforts and make it easier for those content creators to build businesses online. In the coming months in the U.S., we’ll introduce a new platform to empower independent writers, helping them reach new audiences and grow their businesses.
Facebook’s newsletter will be a free tool for all the top creators as of now. The tool will be comprised of various styles and layout options, so that creator can make their own content style.
Keeping this thing in mind, Facebook will offer a couple of distribution and presentation option which are as follows:
- Integration with Facebook Pages to enable publishing across various multimedia formats including photos, live videos, and stories
- The ability to create Facebook Groups and nurture a community of readers
- Features to help audiences easily discover new content and writers, and in turn, help those creators build direct relationships with their audience
- Insights for writers to understand how content is performing
- Monetization tools to build successful individual websites and businesses, starting with subscriptions
- Accelerator services to help creators come together and learn best practices
Facebook might have a couple of advantages as Facebook alone itself has more than 2.8 billion active users. Therefore, Facebook has some unmatched potential reach.
A large part of this initiative is aimed at supporting independent local journalists who are often the lone voice covering a given community. We’ll work to include them at launch, and build tools and services specific to their needs.