Facebook has taken a big jump by planning to integrate both Messenger and Instagram Direct, as according to having to so many options for messaging creates lots of confusion and it is difficult to remember where to search for a particular conversation.
Recommenation – Facebook Makes Changes In Its Attribution Model
We’re connecting the Messenger and Instagram experience to bring some of the best Messenger features to Instagram – so you have access to the best messaging experience, no matter which app you use.
The main change is that people using the Messenger app can now reach you on Instagram without you needing to download a new app, and vice versa. You can also control where you receive messages and calls, such as in your chats, in your message requests or not at all.
Facebook has made its target clear by integrating all its messaging app – Messenger, Instagram Direct, WhatsApp, which make it easy for the user to message from any of the apps without downloading others. This will raise the standard and reputation of the company globally. The feature will also help marketers, eCommerce, and many more in this integrated platform. Currently, Instagram Direct will be present on Instagram only.
Right now, we are focused on cross-app communications Messenger and Instagram. We are still determining how cross-app communications will work with WhatsApp. WhatsApp will continue to remain a separate, end-to-end encrypted app at this time.
The new cross-link functionality will add new features like:
Facebook has planned to add new animated stickers. These sticker are are “a unique hybrid of Boomerang, emojis, and selfies”, this is will attract the user and will make creative react to the converstation.
- Communicate Across Apps: Seamlessly connect with friends and family across Instagram and Messenger by using either app to send messages and join video calls.
- Watch Together: Enjoy watching videos on Facebook Watch, IGTV, Reels (coming soon!), TV shows, movies, and more with friends and family during a video call.
- Vanish Mode: Choose a mode where seen messages disappear after they’re seen or when you close the chat.
- Chat Colors: Personalize your chats with fun color gradients.
- Custom Emoji Reactions: Create a shortcut of your favorite emojis to react quickly to messages from friends.
- Forwarding: Easily share great content with up to five friends or groups.
- Replies: Respond directly to a specific message in your chat and keep the conversation flowing.
- Animated Message Effects: Add visual flair to your message with animated send effects.
- Message Controls: Decide who can message you directly, and who can’t message you at all.
- Enhanced Reporting and Blocking Updates: Now you can report full conversations in addition to single messages on Instagram, and receive proactive blocking suggestions across Instagram and Messenger when you add your accounts in the new Accounts Center.
Facebook has added a feature for the use to control its privacy. User can also choose where the message request will go in your Chatlist, message request folder or user can also select to receive them all. People can report unwanted activities by the special tools provided newly.