Instagram added a few new features to celebrate the occasion of its 10th birthday. New features range from visual additions to expanding eCommerce tools. The main feature added by Snapchat is ‘Story Map’ which will the location of the story which was posted on Instagram.
It means that Instagram has tracking records all the feeds and disappearing stories.
New Customized Icons
Instagram has also updated its app icons which have a variable range, keeping in mind of iOS-14 trend of the customized home screen. Many users who have seen this feature are posting the screenshots of the new iPhone layout. Users can choose the icon which better suits their theme.
The new icons can be accessed by:
- Updating your Instagram app to the latest version
- Heading to your profile, then tapping the ‘Settings’ cog icon
- Drag the screen down in the main menu to reveal the hidden app icons listing
🧙♀️✨ How to activate Instagram's hidden birthday featurepic.twitter.com/S20CxT28Xk
— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) October 6, 2020
Shopping Feature In IGTV
Instagram has also added a shopping feature in IGTV videos. The videos have a shopping bag symbol in the video and this happens when shopping tag is applied by the creator on the videos.
This is another good thing for the brand, influencers to promoting on IGTV videos.
Instagram shared the insights publically:
- 900 million emoji reactions are sent within the app each day
- 50% of Instagram users watch a video in-app every day
- KPOP is the No. 1 most-discussed music genre among IG users
- More than a million posts mentioning “meme” are shared daily
The average user sends 3x more DMs than comments.