Instagram is looking to add another tool to its stories feature. The new animated selfie sticker tool frame effects corresponding to emoji characters on top of your image.
Instagram is testing a fancy NEW 'Selfie' sticker feature for Stories!
— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) March 27, 2020
Recommendation: Instagrams trying Out a New Way To Boost The Sale Of Gift Cards Via Your Business Profile
The feature can be used via a new Selfie sticker option. These rounded selfie sticker options can be used multiple times you want within a stories frame.
This new feature could be another creative tool for your stories. It will be popular if it gets a wider release. At this stage, this new function is only available for selected users or in certain regions.
Instagram New Features
This new sticker feature adds up to the growing list of Instagram stories features. Instagram has rolled out multiple features in the first three months of 2020. Instagram has:
- Released an option to Reply to stories with a GIF
- Begun testing a new map sticker for stories that will show up your location on a map.
- Initiated testing of a new video trimming feature for Instagram stories.
- Added new Boomerang modes like SloMo, Echo, and Duo.
- Added a new way for easy locate and re-share of stories in which your profile is mentioned.
- Initiated testing a new mirror mode for stories camera.
With the increased usage of social platforms during this COVID-19 lockdown, it makes sense for each platform to be working on new tools in order to capture maximum interest. Therefore it will be interesting to look at which new features will become popular and which tools get fade out.