As the testing of a new redesign is going on, Snapchat is planning to add three to five separate sections in the app. The black navigation bar along in the bottom will be also added.
Recommendation: Snapchat Is Ready To Introduce Its Bitmoji Tv This Weekend
The navigation bar has five sections:
The first section is of the Map, which is hard to find in the present version as we have to swipe down to camera to access and is not mentioned anywhere in the app.
- Chat Section is placed at second, where the conversations are done.
- The third is the main camera, which the app opens to
- When the app opens the main camera appears, i.e the main camera is placed at third in the navigation bar.
- Snap Discover section is placed at fourth and is renamed as ‘Community’, it shows the content of the people with whom we are friends with, connection, recommended people, etc.
- New ‘Discover’ section is placed at fifth, it will show the Snap’s original programming, which has seen a significant boost in viewership over the past year.
As of now 1st and 2nd, and 4th and 5th tabs are merged together, whereas the new format will give more space which will make it easier for the newcomers to navigate the surf the app easily.
Many features of Snapchat are hidden making it less user-friendly, which the app users have to give extra time to check themselves on the app and explore every feature. If the people and they can’t understand the app they move on, this suggested keeping the old users out.
Increasing Number of Users
To increase the revenue potential, Snapchat will have to increase the followers and justify its increasing data storage costs, Snapchat will have to grow at a very fast rate. It adds 8 million more daily actives in Q4 ’19, which ended up with 218 million DAU at the end of the year.
Coming up with the easier design of the app could be the way to increase the users, however, the last design was not able to give better results as it was hard to understand due to which many users left the app. This time they hope it will give the much better results as compared to the last one, maintaining connections with the current users, which will open the app to explore many new things.
Another feature that is being tested is ‘Happening Now’ which will be a news section, which will give a list of curated news from trusted providers.
Focusing on News could be a very valuable and important addition, as checking its reach in the younger section. Testing has been confirmed by Snapchat, but it said that no plans have been made to expand rollout at this stage.