Brands are looking to get the maximum profit at the end of the holiday season. Snapchat has introduced some pointers to increase ad engagement and to get the maximum benefits from Snap promotions.
Tips To Help Increase Ad Engagement
Right Ad Format – Five different objectives comes under Snapchat ads:
- Drive sales and sign-ups online: Performance advertiser with a Product Catalog? Try Dynamic Ads! Want to drive online sales? Try Single Image or Video Ads, Story Ads, and Collection Ads.
- Boost app installs and engagement:Use App Install attachments to prompt Snapchatters to swipe up and download your app. The App Install attachment displays an Install Card at the bottom of Single Image or Video ads, Story Ads, and a small pill CTA for Lens AR Experiences.
- Build brand awareness:Looking to build brand awareness on Snapchat? Consider advertising with Story Ads, a Lens AR Experience, or an Extended Play Commercial.
- Retargeting existing customers:Want to reconnect with customers who are already aware of your brand and have engaged with your business in the past? Use Story Ads to engage with previous customers and drive customer loyalty.
Showcase Your Product front and center in your ad creative- Ads with full-screen images and video always attracts more viewers. Snapchat keeps in mind that the brand should deliver a “hero” message and has relevant offers for better consideration.
- e-Commerce: Feature the products you sell front and center to drive purchase intent.
- App and games: Show the app UI, features, and benefits within the ad creative.
- Local businesses: Bring attention to key visual features of your storefront or location. Highlight what services or products your business specializes in. For example, a local restaurant can showcase popular dishes or specials in their ad creative to entice customers to visit.
Make your ads feel native to Snapchat – Snapchat says that brands should give their platform look like a native platform experience, which will automatically provide a better user experience. Snapchat advises that the ads made by the brands must be between 5 to 6 seconds. Ads featured by user-generated content or Snapchat features are mostly viewed less as compared to polished ads.
Drive urgency with relevant messagingAdd any relevant messaging from the beginning of the ad to drive sales, app installs or app visits. Your messaging should be easy to understand, displayed from the beginning of your ad, be localized for your audience, and provide an offer message (if available) within the first 2 seconds of the ad.Design for sound onDon’t forget to add audio to your ads on Snapchat – 64% of Snapchat Ads are viewed with noise on.5 An effective way to include sound in your ad creative is to use a customer testimonial of your product or brand within the ad creative. Including a spoken testimonial helps Snapchatters better understand your products, relate to your brand, and see how your business can add value.Link your ads properlyMaking sure your ads bring the user to your desired location is critical for impressions and conversions. Below are the recommended attachment types depending on advertiser goal:
- Drive online sales: Web View attachments allow Snapchatters to swipe up to view a web page that is instantly loaded. They are available for Snap Ads, Story Ads, and Lenses purchased through Reach and Frequency.
- Drive app installs: Use App Install attachments to allow Snapchatters to swipe up and download your app – use ‘Install Now’ or ‘Download’ as your call to action as these have the strongest conversion rates.
- Drive app engagement/app visits: Use a Deep Link to re-engage existing users of your app and bring them back into your app. When a Snapchatter who already has your app swipes up on your ad, they are directed to the location in your app defined by your deep link. If you reach a Snapchatter who does not have your app, they are directed to the app store to install. Deep Link attachments are available for Single Image or Video ads, Story Ads, and Lenses.Test ad creative and try new ad formatsTesting your creative gives you insight into what content resonates most with your target audience. When testing ad creative, consider running your test for 2-4 weeks to gather enough impressions on your ad(s). After you’re up and running your ads on Snapchat, we recommend testing a variety of ad formats to find out the winning combination for your brand.Use goal-based bidding to bid towards your desired actionGoal-based bidding allows you to optimize towards a specific action that a Snapchatter is most likely to take, such as installing your app, watching a video, or completing a purchase. By specifying your cost-per-action in the ‘Delivery’ section of Ads Manager, impressions will be delivered to efficiently achieve that outcome. Once you’ve unlocked goal-based bidding on Snapchat, be sure to take advantage of different bidding strategies. To drive ad engagement, we recommend using Target Cost Bidding to help drive scale by entering the Snap Auction at a higher and more competitive price, while also meeting your goal CPA.Broaden your targetingOnce you’ve been running your ads for about 2-4 weeks, a quick and easy way to increase ad engagement is to broaden your targeting. Within existing ad sets and campaigns, you can expand your targeting by geo, gender, age ranges, and languages to expand your reach and get more impressions. Learn more about Snapchat’s targeting options here.Understand your audience reach to optimizeUse Audience Insights to better understand your audience reach. Audience Insights help you learn more about your target audience on Snapchat so you can create relevant content and surface additional targetable segments to grow reach.With Audience Insights, you can:
- Create relevant audiences that can be activated with Saved Audiences
- See the interests of people in your Custom Audience
- Optimize targeting for top regions and DMAs
- Adjust bids by device, including type and carrier
- See the demographic breakdown of people in your Custom Audience
- Expand the reach of campaigns by adding segments that resemble your target audienceMobile advertising is a key component to any digital marketing strategy. Advertising on Snapchat gives businesses the opportunity to reach a large and engaged audience at an affordable price of just $5 a day. When developing your ads for Snapchat, build creative ads that showcase your products or services, feel native to the platform, communicate a clear key message, and encourage the viewer to take action.