TikTok is introducing “creator fund” in which they will pay users for their content. This “creator fund” is of $200 million. In the coming years, US users will get the benefits of this fund and they will start receiving the amount from the TikTok. Its expected start will be in August.
“To further support our creators, we’re launching the TikTok Creator Fund to encourage those who dream of using their voices and creativity to spark inspirational careers.
The US fund will start with $200 million to help support ambitious creators who are seeking opportunities to foster a livelihood through their innovative content.”
Creator Fund Eligibility
TikTok made the following guidelines, for a user to avail of the benefits of this fund.
- Minimum age must be 18 years
- A resident of the United States
- Must have a good number of followers
- Posting genuine content without violating community guidelines
This is a blurred image of the eligibility criteria, however, it will get more clear once the “creator fund” will come live on the application. As of now, there is no idea of the number of followers, copyrighted voice clips, or licensed music that will be included or not as this type of content is mostly uploaded on Tiktok. It may be TikTok is looking for unique content. Other than this main question arises, how TikTok will choose to fund which creator and why?
“Through the TikTok Creator Fund, our creators will be able to realize additional earnings that help reward the care and dedication they put into creatively connecting with an audience that’s inspired by their ideas.”
TikTok Planned Additional Benefits For Users
- Creative Learning Fund – It has benefitted around 1000 US creators by becoming the platform for emerging teachers. This fund is of $50M.
- TikTok LIVE streams – Thousand of US Creators who are above 18 earns from the audience by hosting TikTok LIVE streams.
- The TikTok Creator Marketplace – Innovative creators collaborate with different brands on paid campaigns that attract new customers.
“In a relatively short time, TikTok has grown to become a source of income and opportunity for creators and their families – and we couldn’t be more encouraged by their success.”
Closure on Creator Fund
Still, TikTok can do much more to fund US creators. In spite of the fact that it’s the fastest growing social media network in the US, TikTok has been similarly delayed to come up with the ways for makers to get paid for their content.
The “Creator Fund” may prove beneficial for the users. The reality will be put once the users get the benefits and the payment system will be out.