A new platform for sharing Tiktok like short videos is officially launched in the US. Most of the features are like Tiktok which is the best competition for the TikTok currently.
- Create and share 15-second videos.
- Add their own audio to videos, or choose a song from a catalog of licensed music.
- Grab original audio from other videos and add them to their own.
- Popular clips will be housed in a “Featured Reels” section.
Recommendation – Facebook Offers Profitable Deals To Tiktok Creators To Share Content On Insta Reels
Insta-Reels are shared in the main feed and Instagram has updated the explore tab to discover Reels.
Ways to Make Reels
- Audio: Search for a song from the Instagram music library or record your own audio.
- AR Effects: Select one of the many effects in effect gallery.
- Timer and Countdown: Set the timer to record clips hands-free.
- Align: Line up objects from your previous clip before recording your next clip.
- Speed: Speed up or slow down part of the video or audio you selected.
Reels Rivalry With TikTok
Reels is a feature of Instagram, however, TikTok was Itself an app. So users do not have to go and download another app. They just can directly use the reels feature. This the best advantage for Instagram as the user will not have to jump to another app to upload and make content.
It will increase the time spent by the individual on the app, who already use the app most of the time in a day.
Extreme Difficulty For Tiktok
By the launch of the Insta-Reels, users are less engaged on TikTok, however, another TikTok has been offered to sell its US operation to Microsoft or get banned which will automatically give the preference to Reels make it more popular.
Let’s wait and watch the competition between both the apps, as Instagram has the potential to launch new features. However, some features like IGTV failed to reach a mass audience but some features like copying Snapchat stories are a huge success for the app.