The best way to magnify your brand is social media. It also depends on the content that you create. But it is just not enough to simply post content to any social media platform at any time you feel. There is the best time to post on social media platforms so that your content is being read by many audiences. So, what is the ideal and best time to post on social media? Well, there is no right answer to that. People just browse each social media platform and many businesses would find various days and times that would best suit them. For example, Twitter finds many tweets at hours like 6 pm, Pinterest sees at 2 am. When posting on social media depends on several social media platforms as you well-know the target audience and the way they interact with the platform. It is the basis of various factors like regions, time zones that your target, marketing goals, etc.
While you create social media content at any scale, the main challenge is to get more audiences to view your post. As social media algorithms mostly move away from the reverse timelines of the past and towards relevance, social media marketers must continuously modify their techniques to create good content and increase opportunities to get more engagement. Being aware of the best time to post on social media is one main step to stay in advance. This would also make logic of the content overload seen across various social media platforms. Make use of this data to find the peak times for your post and to get more communications with your campaigns. Also, you can take advantage of silent hours on social media platforms and align these visions with your social media publishing calendar so that you can start your posts to meet your objectives.
Having said this, for your brand to get more reachability, you should find the best time to post on social media platforms. But there is enough data on the best times to post on social media like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter. However, the best time to post on social media would indeed differ with every social platform and audience type. That you want to engage with. Twitter and Facebook see high engagement during the mornings at 9 am, whereas the best time to post on Instagram is 5 pm. LinkedIn provides to B2B audiences while the ideal posting time on this platform is 10 am to 12 pm. Pinterest sees a high engagement later than 4 am. Many businesses face the growth of global audiences at different times, it has become the main concern especially for the best time to post on social media.
Few Pointers For Posting On Social Media
Let us discuss a few pointers for the best time to post on social media.
- Best Time To Post On Facebook – People log in to the Facebook platform from mobile devices, laptops, or desktop computers. The location could be both at home and workplace. Its use is mainly dependable on the audience. The ideal time to post would be the following:
- Across industries, the ideal time to post is 9 am. This is the time when people just start to work or go online for the first time of the day.
- Facebook also sees an alternative increase in its clickthrough rates that happens between 11 am to 12 pm. This is the time when users usually take a break. So, mostly they tend to quickly check with their Facebook to be aware of what is happening around.
- During the day, the time between 3 pm to 4 pm is also an ideal time to post. This time is ideal to post for B2B, B2C, high technology, and software companies.
- The best day to post on the Facebook platform is Thursday to Sunday. Thursday is close to the weekend followed by the weekend Saturday and Sunday.
- Best Time To Post On Instagram – People log in to the Instagram platform and are mainly meant to be used on mobile devices. Roughly almost 60% of the US users make use of the app daily. Although many would engage with content more during the off-work hours than at the workday. The location could be both at home and at the workplace. Its use is mainly dependable on the audience. The ideal time to post would be the following:
- The main time to post on the Instagram platform across various businesses is 1 pm and 5 pm. Mostly it seems that during lunch hours and typically at the end of the workday. This time people would generally prefer to take a small break from their schedule and mostly happen to look at their Instagram account.
- Most of the B2B organizations have high clickthrough rates from 12 pm to 1 pm and 5 pm to 6 pm. It also sees high traffic on this platform from 8 pm to 9 pm. Especially when people prefer to take a small break from their continuous working hours and at the end of the day, the traffic is seen more.
- Friday sees the most active day for the platform, and this is the best day to post. The reason is obvious, being the start of the weekend.
- Best Time To Post On Twitter – People log in to their Twitter account from any device be it, mobile, desktop, or laptop. They login from both the workplace and from home. The way the platform is used depends on the audience and it varies though. Most of people treat it as an RSS feed and use this platform to read at downtimes during their day, during their travel, while taking breaks, etc. Its use is mainly dependable on the audience. The ideal time to post would be the following:
- This platform is ideal to tweet at about 8 am to 10 am and 6 pm to 9 pm. Typically it indicates while at the start of the day and the end of the day. This also indicates and correlates while people must be mostly commuting during this day to and from the office.
- Most of the B2C companies see most of their hours for their clickthrough rates on their content from 8 am to 10 am, at 12 pm, and then later during the day from 7 pm to 9 pm.
- In case your main aim is to increase retweets and click-through then you need to aim during the time from 5 pm to 6 pm. This is an ideal time for a retweet.
- For most of the B2C companies, the ideal days to tweet are during the weekends. For B2B companies, the best days for tweeting would be weekdays. This is derived from the fact that people shop for their business requirements while they are at work and it would be during the weekdays, and they shop for personal requirements while they are free, and it would be during the weekends.
- Best Time To Post On LinkedIn – People log in to their LinkedIn account from any device be it, mobile, desktop, or laptop. They login from both the workplace and from home. The way the platform is used depends on the audience and it varies though. The LinkedIn users are adults and most of the adults use this for their professional use. They use it during the day and the work hours as well. However, the frequency of this platform’s use is slightly less than a few of the other social media platforms. The ideal time to post would be the following:
- For LinkedIn posts, the ideal time to post would be between 10 am to 12 pm.
- Most of the businesses like B2C, higher-end organizations, and media have a thin window for the time to post to see maximum performance. The best time for B2C would be about 12 pm, for media would be 8 am, and for higher-end organizations would be 10 am. These times are the best for these types of businesses.
- The best day to make a LinkedIn post would be Wednesday.
- Best Time To Post On Pinterest – People log in to their LinkedIn account from any device be it, mobile, desktop, or laptop. Pinterest users mostly skew more on females and there are about 30% of users are always active on this channel. The ideal time to post would be the following:
- The ideal time for business to post on this Pinterest platform is 8 am to 11 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm. During this time, there could be some interest happening on this platform especially in the North American time zones. This would also mean that global content is more important on this platform.
- Contrary to the other social media platforms, the Pinterest post does not perform well during the evening time. That could be because it is not browsable by having many pins required during navigation that is away from the channel.
Ways To Find The Post Time
Having discussed the best time to post on social media, let us discuss the ways to find the post time.
- Be Aware Of Your Audience – For any social media post to be effective, you should best be aware of your audience. Know their age, their location, professional background, a social network that they use, etc. You need to find out their details so that it would be ideal for you to figure out the best schedule for you to post.
- Make Use Of The Same Content Many Times To Check – Like the trial and error method, you need reliability to measure results. While you test on your post view, make use of the same content to check the audience’s view. This way, a less engaging post shared during high traffic would not skew the results.
- Study The Location – In case you are in the PST time zone and have many followers in the GMT and EST time zones, then you might very well consider posting at the time of 8 am. The post would work out best with the PST time zone as it would hit the workday in two other regions as well. In case you have a global social media, you can create many social media handles for various regions. Otherwise, you can just schedule content 24 X 7 engagement. The main point is the location.
- Make Use Of The Right Tools – Make use of the tools to schedule your post. Many social media management tools help your business to schedule posts on various social media platforms. Make use of its analytics to find the best time to post on social media and post on it. Analytics would help you to check the best time that would yield the best results. Once you get this information you can schedule all your social media posts during that time.
- Check On Your Competitors – Have a check on your competitors as to when they get many likes, retweets, shares, comments, and reactions. Check out those as well while you post. Check on whether you get more engagement at noon times or during weekends. The main point here, whether you need to follow a fixed schedule or a zig-zag pattern. Analyze those patterns. Also, you should check from the leaders in your industry as to what they are doing. Take ideas from them, but always execute tests for audience optimization.
- Test And Optimise – Once you find out the best time, don’t get satisfied. Find the times that would best work out for you, but you should keep on testing. The audience habit of entering the social media platform keeps changing and the network algorithms always keep changing. Also, ensure to create social media reports to track the most engagement you get for each of your social media post time. Also, find out how often you execute testing on social media platforms.
Now that you have an idea of the best time to post on social media platforms, get to indulge in it for your business activities. While you find the best time, also ensure that you always keep checking with it so that you can figure out what works well for you.