A few years back, pinning was a physical act. Most of us would have pinned a few notes on our table or fridge or set a planner nailed to the kitchen. Well, that was a few years back. But, currently, pinning is a digital virtual activity where many people pin various images to the social network called Pinterest. Ever since its formation way back in the year 2010, Pinterest had a good rise in users and followers as well. For most businesses, their main social media goal is to find out how to get more Pinterest followers.
Basically, Pinterest is all about discovery and inspiration. It is not only a platform to get to connect with existing customers, but also a wonderful place to get new followers. Pinterest has crossed about 250 million active users.
It is seen as a top shopping platform as well among the millennials and it is always good to know as to how to get more Pinterest followers.
But then, why should your focus be to get more Pinterest followers. Well, there are many reasons to focus on how to get more followers on Pinterest. Few of them are:
- Create trustworthiness in your niche market
- Speed growth for your website traffic
- Huge increase in email subscribers
- Get free business marketing
- More income for your business
Ways To Get More Pinterest Followers
Are you looking out for ways as to how to get more followers in Pinterest, here are a few ways that you could use to get more Pinterest followers?
- Be Active And Engage Yourself On Pinterest – Pinterest’s main success depends partly on making friends with the Smart Feed. When you outsmart the smart feed, you will get more Pinterest followers. The various ways to be active and engage yourself in Pinterest are:
- Pin manually on a regular basis
- Re-pin from ‘Explore’ and ‘Trending’ pages
- Manually pin other’s pin
- In case you come across ‘Board to Follow’ in your feed and if it relevant to you, follow it
One more effective method for Pinterest engagement is to check your Pinterest activity and then re-pin those that others have pinned yours.
- Be Aware Of Who Makes Use Of Pinterest – Yet another method to get more Pinterest followers is to know who uses Pinterest most. When you craft content in your profile, having a good Pinterest user base would help you a lot. So, understand the Pinterest user base and how can you connect with them to get more followers on Pinterest. The active users of Pinterest are Millennials, hence catch hold of them.
- Engage With What Is Popular And What Is Well-Performed On Pinterest – Have a look at what is going on good on the Pinterest platform by browsing on the Popular Feed. Takedown ideas from there, evaluate the common terms and consider the ways you could relate and apply these ideas on to your content. When you see fascinating content on Pinterest, consider to re-pin those to one of your boards, follow the user, or you can even write a thoughtful comment to it. All these actions would increase your brand awareness on the Pinterest platform. But try not to overdo it. When there are too many comments, there are chances that it could be flagged as spam. Instead, you need to write a few genuine comments like ‘Cool’, ‘That’s Good’, etc.
- Make Use Of Group Boards And Join Them – Conduct a search for the top Pinterest boards that are available in your company’s category and request them to join and contribute to the board. In most cases, the board administrator includes instructions on the ways to join the group’s description. If not, get connected with the board owner by emailing them. Check with the board followers to find them. This way you could get more Pinterest followers.
- Post New and Unique Content – One good way to get more Pinterest followers is to post new and unique content every time you post on the Pinterest platform. As you must be aware that Pinterest prefers original content. Pinners on Pinterest come to the platform to look for new ideas, products, and inspirations. So, while posting on Pinterest make sure that your Pins are superb and new. Try to avoid stock photos and clicks. In its place, ideally, Pinterest recommends that you highlight any novelty elements so that people would get more excited about your ideas.
- Include Beautiful Visuals – Interesting pins performs better and have the following things in common:
Pinterest is the first and leading visual platform, so ensure that you make use of good and attractive images. Few pointers for Pinterest images are:
- Make use of high-resolution and superior images.
- Make use of lifestyle images that would be more appealing than the standard product shots.
- Don’t put images that are too busy.
- Include photos that are vertical than horizontal ones. Many users would be using Pinterest in their mobile, meaning that vertical images would have a bigger impact.
- See that the images are not too long.
- Try to show multiple products in a pin. Pinterest finds that when there are pins that show many products, it can take a different taste and sparks curiosity. It is ideal to sustain about four products per pin so that the users are not overwhelmed.
- Try to make use of videos as well. If you have the right resource, placing short videos would have the power to stand out with images.
- Include Elaborate Descriptions – When you have attractive images, it would have seized much attention, but to retain that attention you should also have an inspiring caption. Enter some short descriptions for your images and provide information that would force users to enquire about your brand and take a deeper interest in your brand. If you observe other pins, you notice that interesting pins are more effective.
- Make Use Of Keywords And Hashtags – Yet another way to get more Pinterest followers is to make use of relevant keywords and hashtags. Pinterest is basically a search engine, so ensure that your content optimization should be in place. Make sure that your descriptions are rich in keywords and make sure to include relevant hashtags so that it would be displayed in relevant searches. To find out the right hashtags and keywords, make use of the following hints:
- Make use of guided search. Start to put a few keywords in the search box of Pinterest and observe its automatic suggestion.
- Keywords would bubble up as they get displayed on the search results header.
- Look at the hashtag suggestions and the statistics about its usage while you include a hashtag to your Pin descriptions.
- Search for an applicable hashtag and observe the keywords and tags that are used by the pinners,
- Check for the trending hashtags that are applicable in your category.
- Pinterest Name Should Be Relevant – Pinterest boards can be search optimized. Ensure your board names are accurate and precise that best describes your content. Make use of relevant keywords in your board name and description and add applicable hashtags to the description. In case you are not sure about the category of the board, look at the categories that would best suit in.
- Organize Based On-Board Sections – To organize the various boards, Pinterest has added Sections lately. Sections are used to arrange your pins on the Pinterest platform. With this, you can save your ideas onto a single board, arrange them into sections and then find them easily when you are ready to experiment with it. To stay organized, you need to perform the following:
- Organize your ideas
- Clear your boards and clean it
For example, if you have an expansion board category like Apparel, you can now create individual sections for each kind of apparel. This would increase your brand’s credibility and your followers would navigate to your content. Your sections should be descriptive and make use of language that is rich in keywords. In this way, you can get more Pinterest followers.
- Include Rich Pins – To get more Pinterest followers, include rich pins as it adds extra details to your pin that uses metadata taken from your website. Rich pins denote an organic pin format that gives more context with regards to an idea by providing extra information on the pin directly. Rich pins are available to anyone on Pinterest as a free product. Extra information is an easy identification to a rich pin. Rich pins are of four types that you can add to your Pinterest account that includes an article, app, product, and recipe pins. In case your brand sells products, Rich pins would display its availability details and price. Article pins are ideal for bloggers and publishers as it displays a headline, story description, and author.
- Post Regularly – The content reach on Pinterest takes over a longer period like the other social media platforms. To get more Pinterest followers, publish content steadily over a successive month. This will get more followers on Pinterest.
- Schedule Pins In Advance – As Pinterest is used often, plan the pins and it is always a good idea to stay in advance of the calendar. It is recommended that brands share periodic content until 45 days before any event or holiday. Sometimes, most of the pinners share a few months in advance. By scheduling pins in advance, you would not lose track of the pins and pins would be published as it goes. This is a very essential point to get more followers on Pinterest.
- Grab The Pins On Holiday Or Specific Events – Holidays are days when there is more traffic on the platform. Pinners generate many activities on a holiday as there will be more viewers those days. Even on specific events like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc. would attract millions of users pinning in the platform. Christmas time sees a major event and draws about 33 million of pinners and generates about 566 million pins per year. So, to get more Pinterest followers to get to the holiday action by making plans on Pinterest’s Possibilities Planner. Most people come to the Pinterest platform for their life event starting right from major holidays, sporting events, and going to seasonal celebrations. A Possibilities Planner will help you with understanding the different movement types to Pinners and be aware that your brand can be their part of the journey and they sit ahead to explore and discover. So, get on to the holiday action and create an on-brand content fork holiday and share using applicable keywords and hashtags. For each event in the planner, Pinterest contains the popular search term.
- Make Use Of Follow Button – An important way to get more Pinterest followers is not to forget to include the following button. Using the follow button makes it easy for your company to follow. Install the button on various online places like newsletter, website, email signatures that you think would be ideal for people to get attracted to and follow. In most other circumstances, you can make use of the Pinterest P icon that would easily promote your brand’s profile. Icons complete social media and ensure that it would link to Pinterest in your social media account.
- Pin Promotion – One ideal way to get more Pinterest followers when you have enough social media budget, is to promote your pin. Promoted pins increase exposure to a huge extent. Take a we-performing pin and target it to make it reachable to new potential followers. Promoted pins get displayed like the regular pins that are seen on the feeds of the pinners.
Save considerable time for Pinterest. Ways to get more Pinterest followers seem to be a great task to consider during the initial stage. But as it goes, it gets easy. But as your Pinterest followers grow more, you would develop more trustworthiness and expertise in your niche. So, get ready to get more followers on Pinterest platform.